By LH Imports
For any piece of furniture, we recommend:
- Avoiding exposure to direct sunlight to prevent fading and cracking.
- Keeping your furniture placement from any heating or cooling sources to prevent cracking.
- Using coasters and placemats for all hot or cold dishes and cups.
- Using felt tabs for decor items.
- Being aware that heavily dyed fabrics such as denim jeans can transfer onto your lighter furniture and cause discoloration.
- Avoiding possible discoloration by spot testing in an unnoticeable surface before application.
- Wiping up any spills immediately with a dry clean cloth or when necessary a warm damp cloth and mild soap.
- Avoiding the use of harsh household cleaners.
We recommend dusting furniture regularly with a microfiber cloth (or a lint-free cloth). This helps remove abrasive buildup that can damage a finish over time.
Every few months or once a year we recommend using a quality wood furniture polish to enhance the finish and keep your furniture looking new. A light application can go a long way.